Oferta pracy w projekcie finansowanym przez NCN w Instytucie Fizyki UJK. Nazwa stanowiska: post-doc position (adiunkt)
: Instytut Fizyki, Uniwersytet Jana Kochanowskiego
: post-doc position (adiunkt)
- PhD in high-energy physics obtained before 1.1.2018,
not earlier than in 2012;
- experience/interest in phenomenology of
ultra-relativistic heavy-ion collisions;
- advanced knowledge of computer languages (C/C++ and Mathematica);
- very good knowledge of written and spoken English.
We look for a candidate with good experience and proven skills
in the field of high-energy physics.
He/She will have a decisive role in performing the research proposal.
Collaboration with PhD and master students will also take place.
The successful post-doc candidate will collaborate with dr hab. Maciej Rybczynski and members of his team in the Institute of Physics of Jan Kochanowski University in Kielce, Poland, in realization of the Polish National Science Center project OPUS nr 2016/23/B/ST2/00692 "Fluctuations and correlations in multiparticle production processes".
Typ konkursu NCN
The initial research activity is specified as follows:
1) New phenomenological analyses and development of methods,
in conjunction with physical interpretations of new experimental
fluctuations and correlations results from the SPS, RHIC and LHC.
2) Development of models of Extensive Air Showers initiated
by ultra-high energy primary cosmic rays. Description of existing
and future experimental results on observed muon excess and fluctuations
of EAS maximum position (Pierre Auger, Telelescope Array, JEM-EUSO).
The institute of Physics at Kielce University is active in the field of high-energy physics, both theoretically thanks to the work of W. Broniowski, W. Florkowski, S. Mrowczynski, and F. Giacosa, and experimentally thanks to M. Rybczynski, Z. Wlodarczyk, M. Gazdzicki. Moreover, the institute is active
in molecular and atomic physics (own experimental setup EBIT).
: OPUS – ST
Termin składania ofert
: 30 października 2017, 00:00
Forma składania ofert
1) two year contract starting from 1 Jan. 2018.
2) the salary allocated in the project is 85000 PLN/year (brutto with
employer's costs). Due to lower living costs in Poland compared to
Western Europe, the salary allows for a comfortable life standard.
3) funds for participation in scientific conferences.
Candidates should send the following documents:
1. motivation letter with the clause “In accordance with the personal data
protection act from the 29th of August 1997, I hereby agree to process
and to store my personal data by the Institution for recruitment purposes”;
2. scientific CV, containing list of publications and description of the most
important scientific achievements;
3. brief description of scientific interests;
4. copy of PhD certificate;
5. two letters of recommendation
to the address:
Shortly after the above deadline the selected candidate will be contacted.
Feel free to contact me for further info.