Kielce is located in Central Poland between Warsaw and Cracow, the present and former Polish capitals.
The venue of the 18th International Conference of Physics of Highly Charged Ions (HCI 2016):
Jan Kochanowski University
Kielce, Świętokrzyska 15
building G, Lecture Hall B
latitude: N50° 52' 52.0" (50.881101)
longitude: E20° 39' 23.3" (20.656483)
Travel to Kielce:
You can fly to Poland to Cracow Airport or to Warsaw Chopin Airport.
On Sunday, September 11, 2016 the conference bus transportation from Cracow/Warsaw to Kielce (to the hotels) was arranged.
The bus departures:
CRACOW airport (Kraków Lotnisko)
On Friday, September 16, 2016 bus transportation from Kielce to Cracow will be organized to allow participation in the SPARC workshop.
Alternatively you can travel from Cracow/Warsaw to Kielce by railway. In this case one has to reach Cracow Central Station (Kraków Główny) or Warsaw Central Station (Warszawa Centralna):
From Cracow Airport (Kraków Lotnisko) it is convinient to take a train to Cracow Central Station (15 minutes, every half an hour, timetable), where you can change a train to Kielce. You can buy a ticket to Kielce in Airport .
From Warsaw Chopin Airport (Warszawa Lotnisko Chopina) it is convinient to take:
- S3 city train to Warszawa Centralna (20 minutes, every one hour, S3 timetable, tickets and charges).
- Bus 175 line to Dworzec Centralny (30 minutes, every 15-20 minutes, 175 timetable, tickets and charges).
The train timetable of Polish railways (PKP) is available on http://www.rozklad-pkp.pl/en.
Kielce is situated at a crossing of roads with numbers S7 (North – South) and 74 (East – West).
Please check the way close to the University:
Local transport in Kielce
Please check a detailed map and schedule of a public transport to/from the conference venue and to/from the recommended hotels: Download
The TAXI stop is located at the exit of the Kielce Railway Station. Taxi can be also ordered by phone. Typical price of the TAXI from Kielce Railway Station to the conference place (Jan Kochanowski University, Swietokrzyska 15) is about 25 PLN (5-7 Euro):
- Taxi Europa, phone: (+48) 413-133-333
- TeleTaxi, phone: (+48) 800-400-400
- Taxi Alfa, phone: (+48) 413-444-444
Public transport from the Kielce Railway Station to the conference place:
- The bus line 13 in direction of Świętokrzyska UJK (timetable). The initial bus stop Czarnowska is located near Kielce Railway Station. The final bus stop is Świętokrzyska UJK. Travel takes about 20 min.
- The 114 line in direction of Żniwna (timetable). The initial bus stop Gosiewskiego is located close to Kielce Railway Station. The final bus stop is al. Solidarności /os. Bocianek. Travel takes about 30 min.